Monday, July 30, 2012

How to Make a Monkey Fist Knot


Not to long ago, during the spring semester, I discovered the knot of the monkey fist. Interested in making my own monkey fist key chain, I searched YouTube to find an instructional video to assist me. The video that I found was most helpful was the one I embedded above.
Seeing that I didn't have para-cord or a ball bearing, I went to Hobby Lobby and purchased some polyester decorative trim, normally used when making your own rugs, and a bag of marbles to use a glass marble as a substitute for the ball bearing, all together costing about $4. It took me about two hours to complete the entire thing, starting and stopping and starting all over again, seeing that I'm a perfectionist. The instructional video was very helpful, explaining step-by-step how to make your very own. If you want to make a new key chain that is cool then you should definitely give this a go.

No comments: