Monday, July 9, 2012

Greetings from your TA!


Hey everyone! My name is Kiana Fitzgerald and I'll be your TA for the next 5 weeks. I'll mainly be around on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but you may catch me around on your other class days. Just a little about me, I'm from Seguin, TX and I'm a graduate student in the School of Journalism and Mass Communication. Starting in August, I will have been in the program for a full year. My focus is in new media, and I've been taking classes with new media instructors Cindy Royal and Jacie Yang since the very beginning. These ladies are so knowledgeable about everything tech-related, so soak up as much from them while you can!

Aside from being a student and a TA, I'm also an intern for MOSAK Advertising and Insights, in North Austin. [It's actually in Bee Cave, but not many know what that is.] At MOSAK, I split my time between social media analytics and web development. I work with many tools and programs, from Google Analytics to Dreamweaver to Joomla. I've been working there since June, and I'm learning a ton. I'm also able to utilize just about every skill I've acquired through grad school over the past year.

I know I'm not technically taking this course, but I hope that sitting in on the class and helping you guys out in the lab will solidify and strengthen my skills in Web Design.

No comments: