Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Hi, I am Eun-young Kim.


Hi, everyone. Nice to meet you, guys. I am Eun-young Kim from South Korea. I believe you have heard about South Korea. When I introduce myself, some people get confused about South Korea (Republic of Korea) and North Korea (Democratic People's Republic of Korea).

Here a little tip about South and North Korea. South and North Korea were the one nation, and they have been divided since the 1950-53 Korean War. Unlike worry of outside’s view, Koreans barely have fear of the war, even though South and North Korea are technically still at war. The relationship between South and North Korea is so complicated. Two countries are enemy countries, but at the same time, many Koreans believe that someday two countries should re-unify.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhmogAJ28gYiErh7sZ7mkuIcHeDm6PxI7u9H0ObDDojbsV11aBUy-EglVjmPO542hkrI7NuQPlPUQhqMwxSkgJ0E2wciGgox8IPOMUGi_eylpWmD6PxYtCkAlp0YabegtPEa5MM27wiccE/s1600/800px-seoul-yeouido_at_dawn-01.jpg

I have been one and half years in here, and San Marcos was the first site in the United States. I love San Marcos, where is so peaceful and slow, and people are so kind to me. I am really enjoying new life in Sam Marcos, TX. But, sometimes I miss metropolis such as Seoul, because I grew up there for my whole life. Sometimes I miss so crowed people on streets, a forest of high-rises, and web-like subway map.

I am a big fan of baseball games. When I was in Korea, I used to go to pro-baseball games. Even though my favorite team is in Korea, I also love to go to TXST games. This picture is at AT&T Park in San Francisco, CA.

 I am a graduate student in Journalism and Mass Communication. I am starting to write a thesis for master degree. The topic would be the relationship between organizations to the public using social medial in public relations and I am trying to narrow down it in this summer. Obviously, I am going to focus on Twitter uses in public relations. Actually, I have a master degree from Korea, which is the study of differences between paper-based and Internet-based newspapers audiences. I changed my interest from journalism to public relations while I am attending here, but still want to focus on users or the public. I like writing something, even a thesis, but I am not familiar with technological terminologies. Therefore I am looking forward to learn about them in this class and excited by this class. I hope this class would be great.
Very nice to see you, again! 

No comments: