Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Search Engines and Directories

My assigned question was, "What are the required courses for a journalism major at the University of Texas?" I began my search by entering "ut" into the Google search bar. In 0.11 seconds Home/The University of Texas at Austin appeared at the top of the page. I clicked on the link and it took me to the university's home page. I found web site's search bar at the top left of the page and typed in "journalism major". It brought up a few search results. I scrolled down the page and found "School of Journalism" I clicked on the link and immediately noticed "Undergrad Program". Under the undergrad programs was "Degree Requirements" and on that page I scrolled down and found the Journalism 2010-2012 Catalog under the degree checklist. I was able to see all required courses for a journalism by viewing the catalog.

Comment about the video:
I was very surprised to hear that AT&T and IBM turned down an opportunity to invest in the internet. It's hard to believe that anyone ever doubted the potential of the internet!

Tina

No comments: