Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Search Engine Assignment


My assignment was to act like I was in the market for a new digital camera and search some different ones along with finding a price range, special features and what brand I would select.



I simply typed in the word digital cameras into Google and had an enormous amount of feedback including websites that reviewed each type of camera. I chose to read through DigitalCameraReviews.com for information on the most highly rated and reliable cameras. The most popular ones seemed to be Canon or Nikon (I was looking up SLR along with point & shoot). Prices for the SLR's ranged from $499 - $1,299 and point & shoot's being much cheaper starting at $129 - $599. Features you want to look for are high resolution, ability to record video, high megapixel zoom and digital zoom just to name a few.

The video 'Behind the Web' was very interesting to me because I had not known half the things that were being talked about. It was surprising to me to hear that no big companies wanted to take on and fund the project that developed the internet until BBN came along. Also, it was cool that Bob Taylor wanted to build the network to link computers to each other to share information which soon will become the internet.

I'm excited to see what else we will learn about how the internet came to be so popular and such a widely used tool across the world tomorrow in class!

No comments: