Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Search Engine Assignment

Hey! It's Sarah and my question was: What is the high temperature in Anchorage, Alaska that is forecasted for this Sunday? I simply went and typed "weather for Anchorage, Alaska January, 29" in my Google toolbar. It came up with all these webites but to my surprise the weather channel website wasn't on the first page. The high is will be 29 degrees. This information came from wunderground.com.

History of the Internet: Some interesting things to me that were on this video was that the Internet helped the economic growth in 1998. Another interesting fact was when Bob Metcafe had mentioned that back in the 60s people were lucky to have computers in the city. I think we take computers for granted and expect to have access to them at all times, which we pretty much do. I still find it amazing the things that people come up with by using the Internet. I can't wait to see what will happen in the next 20 years...

No comments: