Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Ironic

Hi friends,

My assignment was: Find one news event that happened on the exact day you were born.

When looking for the answer, my first thought was to use something from our online library resources. While I love the helpful resources Texas State gives us, the online library wasn't getting the job done. So I went to Google and typed in "October 17, 1988 News." In .16 seconds I had a plethora of helpful sites. I clicked on PR Newswire archives and discovered Compaq introduces innovative new laptop PC.

Then I Googled a picture of this "innovative" device and wow look what I found...

In regards to the film we watched in class, this picture pretty much says it all... Technology has come a long way in 22 years. This laptop weighs 14 pounds and is 4 inches high by 13. 5 inches wide. It was advertised as easy to carry. I'm going to go ahead and call their bluff. I wouldn't want to carry around that thing in an airport trying to catch a connecting flight. Our generation is very lucky with all the truly innovative technology we have and we need to use it to our advantage!

No comments: