Sunday, January 23, 2011

Intro Blog

Hello, bloggers.

My name is Lauren Crawford and I am a Mass Communications major/Anthropology minor here at Texas State. Born and raised in Ft. Worth, Texas, it's only natural that I grew up with horses and am a huge animal lover. In my spare time, I enjoy walks with my dog at Purgatory Park, seeing live music in Austin, writing stories, eating at Chipotle, and getting lost on bicycle rides. I also love adventures. I spent last summer traveling Europe on a shoestring budget and, this July, I will go on a dig in Belize with the anthropology department to learn about the ancient people of Central America.

This spring, as I enter my final year at Tx State, I'm excited to be enrolled in some classes that I feel will really benefit me as I pursue a career in Public Relations. After working with South By Southwest and EnviroMedia, I learned how important it is for an organization to keep up a website that's easy to navigate and pleasant to look at. I hope that, upon finishing this course, I will have developed some of the skills necessary to create and manage a professional looking website.


Until next time...




No comments: