Sunday, January 23, 2011

Introduction

Hi! I'm Jessica and i'm a public relations major and business minor about to graduate in May. I transferred to Texas State last year after going to Texas Tech for two years. It took me a while to realize there's nothing in Lubbock and it's too far from home which is San Antonio. I love Texas State and am very happy with my move. When i'm not at school i'm usually working at HEB. I'm also an intern for the United Way of Hays County. I do PR and event planning and I love it! We successfully planned a campaign kickoff event that took place this past August and we are currently planning a celebrity classic golf tournament to take place in May. Prior to interning with the UWHC, I interned for the San Antonio Spurs. It was an amazing experience, however it helped me realize that I didn't want to do PR in the sports industry. Perhaps that would have changed had I interned with them this season since they seem to be winning more this year... :D

I love reading and watching movies. I would describe myself as a beach girl currently landlocked and the first thing on my to-do list post graduation is move to a beach as soon as possible :)


-Jessica

No comments: