Sunday, July 10, 2011

Solange Knowles

Perhaps the most anticipated internet search belongs to me. How old is Beyonce’s sister Solange Knowles, and when is her birthday?

First, I typed her full name into Google and the second site on the list was her official site. I know. An official site? Really? But on closer inspection Solange is apparently an up and coming R&B singer than just a wannabe riding the coat tails of her famous sister. In 2009, she was nominated for Best New Artist in the Soul Train Music Awards.

From the official site's main page, I clicked on the bio tab but had no luck finding her age. I backtracked to the Google search page and clicked on her Wikipedia page, where it stated she is 25 years old with a birthday of June 24, 1986. Knowing that Wikipedia isn’t always reliable, I scrolled down the page to the external links and clicked on her official fan website. On that page there were announcements of her birthday on June 24 but no year was available.

I ventured back to the Google search page again and clicked on the fifth page on the list, which was her IMDB page. And lo and behold I found success as her birthday matched the one on the Wikipedia site. Case closed.

No comments: