Thursday, July 7, 2011

Deena Poncik- Bio

Hi! My name is Deena Poncik and I am a Senior here at Texas State. I'm a Public Relations major with a minor in Business Management. I will be graduating in May 2012 and am still unsure of what direction I am aiming toward career wise. Public Relations is a broad field and I am still undecided between working for a PR firm or doing something with event planning.

I am currently working at Texas Health and Racquet Club here in San Marcos as a membership consultant. I have a passion for fitness and wellness, along with counseling people to live a healthier lifestyle. If I could find something in the PR field that dealt with the Health or Fitness industry, I'd be in heaven.

I have the normal hobbies that most 22 year old girls have including: spending time with friends and family, working out, going out, shopping... along with anything outdoors.

I find myself using the internet all the time, whether it is on an actual computer (Mac preferably) or on my iPhone. (As you can tell, I'm an avid Apple user!) I'm looking forward to learning what really goes into creating a website and learning how everything works. So many of us take advantage of what really goes into using something we think is simple including Google, Facebook, or even Pandora-- (my 3 most visited websites!) I have no doubt I will use what I learn in this class not only for personal use in the future but in my professional career as well.

Looking forward to a quick, but great summer session! :)

P.S. Follow me on Twitter ! My username is dponcik1

No comments: