Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The History of the Internet Video-Part 1



I found this video to be particularly informative. These days, it seems to me, most people take the Internet for granted. I know I have from time to time. However, this video re-newed my appreciation for our modern technology. I liked the particular scene in the movie when they were discussing "Hot Potato Routing." The illustration of the information being chopped into little pieces or "packets" and being sent to different places particularly aided my understanding.  The determination of the inventors was especially inspirational. Even though the phone companies refused to participate, the inventors continued on their mission nonetheless. I look forward to seeing the rest of the video.


Here are some interesting websittes I found that also discuss the history of the Internet. 




No comments: