Monday, August 29, 2011

Hey!

Hey guys,

My name is Robert Cox, but my friends call me Rob (I'm the one on the right).

At Texas State, I'm the president of Phi Sigma Pi- National Honor Fraternity, secretary for our PRSSA chapter and a disc jockey for our radio station, KTSW. You can hear me on "Other Side Drive" on Tuesdays from 4-6 p.m. and on my own DJ shift on Fridays from 2-4 p.m.

I am a public relations major with a communication studies minor. This summer, I had the awesome opportunity to intern at Edelman in Dallas. The skills and experiences I gained from my time with the agency are invaluable and really made me excited about the possibility of becoming a professional PR practitioner.

It may not make me the most popular person down here, but I love all things Dallas. Growing up in the city, I was raised to love the Cowboys and Mavericks, and I'm currently working on my relationship with the Rangers. I get most of my information and opinions on those teams from my favorite radio station, The Ticket.

In February, I got engaged to the love of my life (she's the one on the left), and we are planning our wedding which will be in July. She's much prettier and more artistic than myself, but let's hope she doesn't figure that out before the wedding. Of course, we both hope to end up in Dallas when all is said and done.


I also love listening to music, watching movies, acting, playing guitar and hanging out with friends. My top three favorite bands are
The Flaming Lips, Radiohead and The White Stripes, and my top five favorite movies are Army of Darkness, Memento, Thank You for Smoking, American Beauty and Waiting...

That sums up a little bit about me, but if you ever want to know more, feel free to ask or follow me on Twitter.

Take it easy,

Rob

No comments: