Saturday, August 27, 2011

Hello everybody,


My name is Kelli Gibson and I am a senior mass communication student from Austin hoping to graduate in May. I just recently completed my minor in sociology and even more recently finished up my last remaining Spanish credits in Costa Rica. It was an absolutely amazing trip and I can't wait to go back someday soon. I have a few pictures from my trip on my tumblr along with other various posts. I hardly ever update it and mainly just peruse other people's, but that may change very soon.

When I finish up with my degree I hope to spend some time travelling and then work in music event planning and promoting for a little while. I guess I just love the idea of live music and people coming together because of a common interest. I really love going to music festivals myself. They're an awesome thing in this era of technology where we can be seemingly shut off from the real world and people around us. I have been to about 6 music festivals in the past year (half of those were in Austin because, let's just face it, there are so many of them here). I am currently trying to get media credentials to have all access to the growing FunFunFunFest in November, but we will see....

I mean, how awesome would it be to have a job as a festival crasher?

Anyways, I can't wait to learn all the ins and outs of web design & publishing and get my own domain name.

Hope you are all having a great start to this semester,
-Kelli

No comments: