Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Hello All

Hey,

My name is Michael Barrett. I am a senior. My major is Journalism with a minor in English, which clearly shows that I like writing. This summer I had an internship at the Waco Tribune-Herald where I got to write different beats and get published, which is pretty cool to see your name in a newspaper credited as a staff writer. I'm originally from Seguin, have lived in Waco and now live in Austin.

I'm the youngest of a large family, eight in total, and I have a fraternal twin brother. I plan on getting a job at a paper or online publication where I could get paid to write, while as a hobby develop screenplays or books which would be my true passion, as long as I get paid to write I consider it winning. If I get tired of being broke I could always get into law school as a financial safety net to pursue other interests.

I really enjoy music and concerts as well.

 Twitter@el_barrett

No comments: