Monday, August 29, 2011

Hi, I'm Nicole George.


Hey,

I'm Nicole George and I am a senior graduating in December. I am a public relations major and sociology minor. I am active in AWC and am currently serving as the president. I have enjoyed my time at Texas State and will definitely miss it soon after graduating. After graduating I hope to stay in San Marcos and maybe eventually move on to a bigger, better place. I enjoying traveling, reading and having fun with friends. I guess you could call me a wandering soul who's caught in the 78666 bubble.

I am currently interning at the Hays County Food Bank and truly enjoy my work there. I love the non-profit world and as cliche as it sounds, I love the warm fuzzies I get at the food distributions and maintaining a personal relationship with the clients. They especially love it when I remember their names and give them a smile. I'm working on the fall campaign, Turkeys Tackling Hunger, doing miscellaneous PR tasks. I'm getting great experience and feeling good at the same time!

Well that's all for now. Hope to learn a lot from this class, as I am almost completely unfamiliar with all of this! Follow me @thenicolegeorge.

No comments: