Friday, August 26, 2011

Hello class! Now with a pic


Hi, I'm Amanda Garrett and I'm a public relations senior set to graduate in December. I'm an intern for the Alumni Association, and I'm working on a cool project called the Gold Book. If you become interested in wanting one after watching my video, then pick one up at the Alumni House (it's by Chipotle and Sterry).

Anyway, enough about my plug for my internship! Aside from staying busy with my classes, I'm a member of PRSSA and Sigma Phi Lambda, a Christian sorority. I'm also a very active member at my church in Austin. I'm wondering when I'll have time to study and sleep with my crazy schedule!

After graduation I'd love to expand my Spanish skills and travel to Spain to teach. There's a program set up with Texas State where I can teach part time for a school year. I don't travel much, so it would be an amazing opportunity. After returning to the states, I'd love to go corporate with H-E-B. I have been working there for 3 years, so my chances of moving up are quite good.

For fun I love to karaoke, feed my shoe addiction and bake. I'm best known for my cheesecake and cream cheese frosting. I have friends ask me months ahead of time to make them goodies for their birthday. I've thought about opening a bakery, but I'm not a morning person...so it may not happen.

And now, a sneak peak of my senior pictures. Enjoy!

Last, if you'd like to follow me on Twitter, my handle is @amanda_g312.

I'm looking forward to a great semester with all of you!

Amanda


No comments: