Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Young Minds (Video Response)

What I found most interesting about the video, or most inspiring rather, was the fact that the people who started the internet and the world wide web, were our age!

So often we second guess ourselves as students and ask, what do we have to offer at this time in our lives? The answer: is everything.

Our age group is so blessed to have grown up in an age of computers with boundless knowledge and resources. I remember being required to use book references for research projects in high school and I hardly knew how to locate a specific book in the library, much less obtain the information I was seeking. But with the internet it's just a matter of Googling it...or Binging it.

The saying, 'Facebook official' is just one of the many examples of how much the internet has impacted our culture today. I now have both of my grandmothers, parents, two siblings, three aunts, four uncles, and six cousins on Facebook! My dad has been able to re-connect with his high school classmates and my Nana is able to watch each of her grandkids grow through online pictures and videos.

Even the threat of war no longer takes place on a battlefield, but through the Internet.

I bet the inventors of the internet never imagined how instrumental it would become. Thinking about how much of an impact those young inventors had on our world today, makes me wonder what I, and my fellow classmates can be doing to impact tomorrow.

No comments: