Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Kristi Smith

Hey there! I am originally from Garland, TX and now my family has relocated to Rockwall. I enjoy reading any kind of book. My favorite author is Jodi Picoult. I also spend my free time with my puppy, Izzy. She is a lab/hound mix. I often take her to townlake in austin so she can play with other dogs and swim in the lake.
I am entering my senior year here at Texas State. I am a Public Relations major and psychology minor. I was originally a psychology major but after an internship at the Austin State Hospital, I quickly changed my mind.I just finished up my last class for my minor in summer I and now all I am working on are my PR classes. I am planning on graduating in May (4 years!!!). I will graduate in may but will be finishing up my last 6 hours in Spain for Spanish next summer.
I currently am interning with the athletic department on the Game Day Crew. I will be helping with any promotional events during most sporting events on campus. I had an Internship with PureVolume for SXSW 2009 where I was a "jack of all trades". That experience led me to what I wanted to do in the future. I was an awesome experience!!!
Ideally after graduation I would move back to the Dallas area. But I will move wherever my future job takes me. I am really into music and event planning. I would really love to get a job coordinating or sponsorships for music festivals like ACL or music events in general.

No comments: