Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Search Engines and Directories Exercise

How much does it cost to get high speed internet service in the Austin area?

I first went to Google and typed in "Internet Service Provider in Austin". I went past the offered sites that are on top of the yellowish background and clicked on the first link which was Grande Communications. I then scrolled down to where it asked if you could have service at your house, so I typed in my parent's address (because they live in Austin and I do not). Grande gave me a list to choose from of all the different types of internet service that they provide. I clicked on the one with the least amount of amenities becuase I figured it would be the cheapest. The package was called the "G-Force Basic" which was high speed and it cost $19.95 a month.

I also checked out AT&T, which was also $19.95 a month. Time Warner's cheapest was $34.95.

No comments: