Tuesday, July 14, 2009

History of the Internet and the WWW

There are quite a few things I learned during the video we watched in class the past two days. I want to share two of the most significant facts that I learned.

Now don't make fun, but I did not know that Tim Berners-Lee was the inventor of the World Wide Web. Nor was I aware that in 1992 there were only 50 web pages on this Web of ours! The advancements that have been made since the Internet and Web were available blows me away.

The 341,000% increase of Web users in 1993, only a year later, was another particular event that I thought was very interesting. The increase was due to the invention of a "user friendly browser" called Netscape that was invented by a 22 year old student named Marc Andreessen.

I would like to thank all of the people who dedicated their time to this Internet world and the Web. And to President Bush Sr. for releasing this technology to the public. We love y'all.

No comments: