Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Courtney!!

Hello all. Im Courtney Ely- the other courtney of the class. :)
Im an advertsing major and a fashion merchandising minor, SENIOR (thankfully!) ...yet I still have two more semesters to drag through before I can say Im successfully graduated.
My interests... music, fashion, communication and networking. I love being in the know with social scenes and being informed, and Im hoping to move to NY with my best friend Chelsea within a few months after graduation. Im ready to just throw myself out there and see what I can do and accomplish. I work at the University Bookstore currently (come visit, the receptionist job can get a bit boring!) but Ive had quite a handful of jobs within the past 4 years, from working with a wedding planner to cocktail waitressing. (ughhh hated my life for that short amount of time.) Ive had to grow up pretty quickly, and Ive learned a lot. For that Im thankful, and I feel like it'll really pay off when Im having to face the world head on.

This class is an elective for me, and its something Ive been interested in taking for quite a while. Im hoping the things we learn in this class is something I can add to my resume and help me with really figuring out what I want to do when I graduate.
because, honestly?? Im still trying to figure it out. I know Im passionate about fashion and art and creativity. ...something I think I'd be stoked about doing; being in charge of a magazine's events and/or blogs. More specifically something like NYLON.

...and excited to see where everything in life takes me!

No comments: