Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Lowest Airfare

By: Courtney Morris

My task was to search the lowest airfare from Austin, Tx to Singapore.  Flying often, I first went to the site where I do the majority of my airfare booking, Booking Buddy. Booking Buddy is basically a search engine geared towards flights and hotel reservations.  Next I picked a random date to look for a flight.  I chose Tuesday August the 4th through Wednesday August the 19th.  After inputing the information of the flight and dates booking buddy pulled up all of the leading booking sites.  I looked at Expedia, Orbitz, TravelOne, Hotwire, and Cheap-O-Air.  The lowest flight out of the five sites was Cheap-O-Air.  The round trip, including taxes and fees was totaled at $1,295.  It also gave the opportunity to sign up for their sponsored credit card and cut the price down by $200. 
Overall, I have found that booking a flight to be relatively easy and painless, when using the right search engines and sites.  The only down fall to these sites is that the tickets are often non-refundable and non-flexible.  

No comments: