Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Hello!


My name is Emily Bradford, and I'm a (print!) journalism major with a minor in creative writing. Despite my resistance towards a world void of newspapers, I am ready to embrace the web. Ideally, I like to see myself writing a column one day, either for a newspaper, magazine, or blog.

I will be graduating next summer, only weeks after my 20th birthday. Rather than plunge into the workforce, I plan to take a couple of years to explore some personal interests. I am especially interested in craft blogs and female artists. I am excited that this class will provide me with the tools I need to potentially help women in the area sell their work to an online audience. During this time, I would also like to cultivate a freelance writing portfolio and publish what I can.

Otherwise, I am a fan of Grizzly Bear's "Veckatimest", everything Kurt Vonnegut, and West Texas sunsets. I also shop flea markets like nobody's business, leaving no knick-knack unturned!

Good luck to all of you,
Emily

No comments: