Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Only 40 years young!

I never really thought about the web as such a powerful tool but the video really opened my eyes. To think that we have the power of literally millions of resources at our disposal. A couple of interesting facts: internet is not the web, it's a network, AOL is a portal or village not a browser, and facebook is like a little village all on its own that we all love to live in.
I also found it interesting that e-mails were created on someones spare time, wish I could come up something that amazing on my spare time.
I Must say my favorite part of the whole video, Paul Baran is still peeved with AT&T for laughing at him when his computer crashed. That was funny. To think it all started only 40 years ago when a few genius' had an idea and went with it. A bit frightening and exciting all at the same!

Ashley

No comments: