Tuesday, July 14, 2009

History of the internet

The topic of the History of the Internet fascinates me. I think so many of us take for granted the technological advances of our time without even giving a thought as to how it really began, so for me I was pretty excited to hear about how our Internet truly got started.

First off, i had no idea the internet had so many different contributers. From e-mail invented by R. Tomlinson to tim burners-lee, who invented the world wide web.

I will say quite honestly though, the idea of packets being sent and the Interface Message Processors still confuses me. I really dont think Id fully understand exactly how everything works unless I took years of classes about computers, the internet, applications, and the basic way our computer systems work.

-courtney ely

No comments: