Monday, February 1, 2010

Selina O. Affram

I am Selina Affram, a 22 year-old senior here. My major is Electronic Media with a double minor in Political Science and Spanish. My hometown is San Antonio and San Marcos is my home away from home. I have been here for three semesters now and I'll be graduating in December of 2010. I enjoy singing, dancing and acting. I would love to have a successful career in Journalism as an anchor or TV Host, but if I could I would love to be a famous entertainer and spend everyday doing what I love to do on stage, which is sing!

The web design class will be different for me, like treading in new waters. My goals is to swim successfully through the course and come out with having gained more knowledge about the web and using that for future projects.

The video about the history of the Web is interesting. The internet serves as a way to communicate and connect with the world-world wide web. The origins of discovery and building the system started in the 1950's but it didn't come easy. It developed with trial and error. It has been marked as the fastest growing invention. The internet didn't completely evolve until 1992 when congress turned it loose which allowed it to grow with free enterprise and competition. This was very interesting to me because in our society many think that with rules and regulations fairness is obtained, but to the contrary the internet flourished without the strict statutes. The internet is continuing to evolve with new technology and knowledge, I can only imagine what is to come in the future.

No comments: