Monday, February 1, 2010

Intro and Video

Hello. I'm Rhea Friesen and I'm a Junior Advertising student with a minor in music and sociology. I hope to be helping out The American Cancer Society this semester with their Colin cancer awareness campaign in March. I also plan on taking my last two semesters of Spanish in Costa Rica over the summer. I spend a majority of my free-time playing drums, flute, or whatever other instrument I can get my hands on. When I can, I enjoy being outside; running, swimming, soaking up the sun (not in the cold though). I jog a few times a week and a friend is trying to talk me into a 10k this semester. I don’t know about that…

As for the video we watched last week, I found the formation of what is now the Internet more interesting than one particular point of the process. Not to mention that it boggles my mind that in 1971 there were only 18 computers connected together and only 50 web pages in 1992. In 1969 when the four original Interface Message Processors were first created, it seems as though today’s Internet would be completely unimaginable. The way such a small and often forgotten group of people came together to form what is now essential for day-to-day life simply astounds me.

No comments: