Sunday, February 14, 2010

Google it. Jeeves doesn't know what he's talking about.

It's funny to think that Google almost never had the chance to be what it is today. It tends to be everyone's go-to search engine.
There were other search engines before, like Yahoo and Excite. (And who still asks Jeeves questions? I don't think I've ever had success with him.) However, none compare to how convenient it is to "google." Two key phrases that stuck out to me was "venture capitalists" and "entrepreneurs." Innovation takes a lot of time and money to take big risks and make limitless profits. I'm betting those who didn't take that leap feel really dumb, but I guess that's the game.
I realize Google is no longer just a search engine. It is making ventures in social networking with Google Wave, gmail features, blogger, and now Google Buzz. There's probably more I'm forgetting.

No comments: