Monday, February 1, 2010

Peter Halliburton

Hey there, my name is Peter Halliburton and I am 21 years old, I am a 4th year Junior here at Texas State, and I am a Public Relations major, Photo minor. I am very active in my fraternity, Alpha Tau Omega, and I also serve as the Vice President of Recruitment for the Interfraternal Council (the governing council for all fraternities on campus). Besides staying pretty busy with Greek affairs, I also enjoy spending time with my friends and girlfriend, and going out on weekends. I have a dog, she is a weimereiner and her name is Ziggy... She is just over a year old. My favorite food is definitely pizza-- or all Italian food for that matter. Well I guess that is enough about me.

I thought the video on the internet, although a little old, was very informative and helpful in the basic understanding of how the internet takes place and exactly what it is and consists of. I couldn't choose just one interesting fact, so I chose a few. First off, it was amazing that anyone was able to figure out how to invent the Arbinet, the first computers that were connected to one another wirelessly. Secondly, the fact that this man Thomlinson just decided to come up with the email application, not because he had to, or for work, but because that's what he did in his free time. And finally, the fact that there were only 50 websites up and running in 1992 compared to the insanely mass amount that we have today.

No comments: