Sunday, February 14, 2010

Google is watching you

It's interesting how the search engine craze, much like all other computer programs, started from a couple college nerds just trying to make the computer easier to use. It's great that they made alot of money off the search engine. I myself hope to stumble into a gold pit like that one day. But, maybe I have read 1984 one too many times, because google scares me. It scares me a lot. The small idea of college nerds has grown into an information highway. Now, I don't believe the company is run by evil corporate demons who want to enslave the masses. They are like everyone else; they want to bring home the bacon. But as a media major, I believe information is power. Google has a lot of information, so they have a lot of power. It's like the cheesy superhero line that still holds true, "With great power comes great responsibility."

No comments: