Monday, January 25, 2010

Hi and Welcome!


Welcome to the Web Design and Publishing blog. We'll use this as a discussion forum and a place to do some exercises throughout the semester. So, join the blog. Your first assignment (updated: we'll actually do this as your 2nd assignment; do search engine ex first) is to introduce yourself. You can add photos, include links and even embed video (basically you can grab the embed code on YouTube and paste into the blog post. Just make sure you are working in the Edit HTML tab).

So, here are some things about me. I've been teaching at TX State for four years. I started teaching Web design in 2000 when I was a Ph.D. student at UT. I love teaching this class and watching students progress with their skills throughout the semester. I do lots of things with social media in my spare time, namely my two blogs. I have a tech blog at cindytech.wordpress.com and a music blog onthatnote.com. I started a Web talk show in my house last year, where I interview local musicians. Check the Sessions tab on the site. Here's a sample of the last one I did with the band Buttercup from San Antonio:



I also write for Texas Music Magazine and their online newsletter.

Follow me on Twitter. I often post links to topics related to class, as well as other things I am doing. I go out to hear live music often, and when I have time I also enjoy outdoor activities like hiking and kayaking at Town Lake. I'm looking forward to a fun class!

No comments: