Sunday, January 31, 2010

All About Jenn

Hi everybody. It's nice to have something like a blog to introduce ourselves on. My name is Jennifer Trayan, and I am in my last semester as an Advertising major at Texas State. In the last four years I've worked at camps, done an internship at Kohl's Department Store, become a supplementary instructor for the department of history, and somehow managed to maintain a decent GPA in the process.

I've really enjoyed my time here at Texas State, and I'm looking forward to where the road leads me to life after college. My longtime boyfriend has gotten accepted (with a full fellowship) to Michigan State University to get his PhD in higher education, so it looks like I might be headed up there with him in the fall. I'm looking forward to it, but I am a bit nervous about the cold weather. Growing up in Southern California doesn't really prepare you for snow! Whatever comes my way (and I'm always on the lookout for new opportunities), I'm looking forward to it.

As far as the video was concerned, the first thing that caught my attention was "hot potato routing. It was interesting to me, because I didn't realize that even though there are breaks in the system, the message can still get from the sender to the receiver. I also didn't think the Internet was even in people's thoughts since the 1950s. (I thought Al Gore invented it? Just kidding!) It also blew my mind that the Internet has been responsible for 1/3 of the United States' economic growth since 1998. I'm also glad that George Bush and the Supreme Court passed the act that allowed the Internet to become public on June 9th, 1992. Otherwise, where would social media be?

No comments: