Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Intro - Movie

Morning everyone! I'll start off with a little information about me. My name's Chelsea Stockton and I'm a print journalism and English major set to graduate after this summer session. My writing emphasis is actually why I'm really looking forward to taking this course. I hate to admit it, but I don't know much about html and web publishing. However, I feel it's necessary for me to understand and be capable of all this in my career as a journalist. So bring on the learning!

I think that movie was a great way to start off the course because it really sparked my interest in the internet itself and how we'll be using it. I didn't know, for instance, that the first commercially available computer was made in the 1950s. A quote from the movie that I wrote down was that creation of the internet meant "Instant access to everything that's going on in the world." I think that sums it up perfectly. Combined with Ray Tomlinson's creation of what we now call e-mail, telecommunication and information accessibility will never be the same again as it continues to morph and evolve with the times.

No comments: