Monday, February 14, 2011

SXSW Interactive: Where I'll End Up.

Social Media & Comedy
One of the most important aspects of using social media for me is that it can be used as an outlet to express myself in a comedic manner. Most of the time, I wished that people used Facebook and Twitter with a little less seriousness and a little more lax attitude towards the social media device. By attending this interactive panel, I could find ways to work this into my career and help build on both my web design and my comedic skills. 
Sports & Music: Perfect Harmony
As you might have noticed in this years super bowl, two huge artists formed an alliance with their respective teams. Lil Wayne with Green Bay and Wiz Khalifa with the Steelers, (Green and Yellow, Black and Yellow). By integrating these two, we create a place for both to thrive and feed off of one another. There is a huge marketplace for these to work together, both in broadcasting as well as merchandising and advertising. 
Death of the Textbook, Emergence of Games
When I read about this I immediately became intrigued. I have always felt that one of the best ways for me to learn new material is through interactive material whether online or in the classroom. Though, by far, I can see the use of gaming in order to help teach and expand on knowledge of the topic. Nothing helps teach better than getting the student involved.

No comments: