Monday, November 26, 2007

A wrap up of the year-just in time for Christmas

This semester, though fun filled, flew by. It seems like just yesterday I was stressing about which topic to pick for our very first Soundslide project. Though I am still just as stressed if not more, the end of the year a.k.a. semester before my last, is quickly approaching.

When I think back to all we did in our multimedia class, I am astounded by my tech savvinous (I know that's not a real word). I felt like I was above my game in terms of computer skills in the beginning, but it just goes to prove that there is always room for more knowledge.

I originally took this class because it was open and I needed an extra class. I was very doubtful that I would “learn” anything new, but with all our information slowly becoming digital there is never a time when one person can know it all.

I think this class mainly opened my eyes to the different aspects of the field I am earning my degree in. At first, my career path was to work strictly in the journalistic aspects of magazines. Now I am excited about my future because I’m not only interested in the writing, but in the layout, design and any other aspect. Having taken this class and learned more about an otherwise unknown field, I feel that I am able to go out into the field with a level head and an optimistic attitude about straying from my chosen career path.

I am ready for the future because I feel like I can keep up with it. The Internet may be changing everyday, but we are changing too and I think that’s the first step to becoming successful in the real world.

No comments: