Monday, September 10, 2007

How I Would Change the Cowboys-Giants Recap from the Statesman


The article I took for this multimedia treatment paper was an AP article in the Austin American-Statesman about the Dallas Cowboys-New York Giants football game last night. The Cowboys won 45-35 and have now started the season off 1-0. This weekend was the first weekend of the NFL regular season.

The first multimedia piece I would have accompany this article would be a video highlight clip of the game. It would show some the notable plays and/or scores that occurred during the game. At the end of the clip I would show the final score and some notable stats, much like an ESPN Sportscenter highlight clip; I might even put a couple clips of the post-game press conference in there.

The second multimedia piece I would create for this article would be a photo slideshow. Because this was the first regular season game for the Cowboys this season, I would have a photo slideshow of all of the festivities at the game and around Dallas. I would have photos of fans at the game and some of the pre-game tailgating parties and events put on at Texas Stadium. I would also have pictures of fans in the stands. I would also have sent a photographer to go around to different bars around Dallas and other public places where fans would have gathered to watch the game and gotten pictures of them for the slideshow. It would be a slideshow to really show how the city of Dallas was excited for the Cowboys to start their season.

Another multimedia feature that I would have created for this article would be a flash presentation showing some of scoring drives by both teams. It could have a play summary at the bottom and show how many yards the play went for, sort of a progressive bar graph. If I really wanted to put some effort into it, I'd have a video clip of the scoring play that showed at the end of each drive summary.

The final piece I would have to accompany this article would be a bit of a season preview for the Cowboys. But I would simulate the Cowboys' season on Madden NFL 08 and have a bit of a video highlight clip showing game recaps and different plays the video game players make and use it to project how the Cowboys will do in the regular season and playoffs, if they make it that far. As popular as the Madden video game franchise is, some people would take the results of the season simulation as the truth above all.

No comments: