Monday, September 17, 2007

Britney Spears VMA "Performance."






Now while I realize that there are far more pressing issues to discuss other than a mediocre pop- star’s dissent back into the trailer park, I couldn’t think of anything else interesting to write about and I knew that there would be PLENTY of material to choose from for this particular topic. I didn’t actually watch the award show myself (I wasn’t that bored), but I have seen a few hilarious clips. Anyway, here are the views of two different women who wrote blogs on the topic called "America’s Favorite Tragic Figure" and "Britney Spears and the VMA’s."




"America’s Favorite Tragic Figure" was the first blog that I read. It was written by a woman who calls herself MommyK. I found her through Technorati which eventually linked me to Blogger where her blog, "Conversations With Myself," is found. MommyK’s blog differed from the other blog because it was more thoughtfully written. Her blog had a more professional look to it and it was more astheticly pleasing because it was more organized than the other blog. She seemed to empathize with Britney. While she agreed with the fact that Britney’s performance was awful and that she pretty much made a fool of herself she thought it was uncalled for for people to call her fat. She is a mother herself and realizes that it isn’t possible for everyone to bounce back to their pre-pregnancy weight directly after having children. She also believes that people should be less judgmental when it comes to Britney’s mothering skills. MommmyK admits to breaking many parenting rules herself and thinks that everyone else has too.




"Britney Spears and the VMA’s" was the second blog that I read. I also found this blog through Technorati which lead me to some woman’s myspace blog. The woman’s name wasn’t on the site but I know she is a woman because her gender and age were listed. This blog was not nearly as well written as the other blog, but it was 100 times more hilarious. It looked very amateurish and tacky. Pink and purple, like an eleven- year- old girl created it. The content differed greatly from the other blog as well. This woman had no sympathy for poor Brit at all. She believed that Britney’s body looked terrible and that, "...in Hollywood it takes only a month," to get rid of the baby weight. Which I found really strange because this woman is a mother too. She was equally critical of Britney’s parenting. She made a comment so funny about this that I feel the need to quote it entirely. "Poor kids have more disgusting teeth than the hobo that lives next to the dumpster in my neighborhood. At least the hobo has an excuse. He can't afford a toothbrush and has no running water."




The thing that both of these blogs had in common was that they were both written by mothers. My guess is both of them are bored housewives who need something to do between changing dirty diapers and washing dishes. Both blogs talked about the fact that the performance was abysmal and an embarrassment.






No comments: