Monday, September 10, 2007

Bobcat Football: New Football Staff Sets High Goals...

I’m usually not a sports girl, but I am actually interested in football. This year I’ve decided to pay attention to Bobcat Football. I was really interested in this story by Scott Strickman in the University Star called “New Football Staff Sets High Goals for 2007 Season.” I am curious to see how the Bobcats will do this year with Brad Wright as the new coach, especially after doing so well with previous coach David Bailiff.

The first piece of multimedia I would add would be a link with any video clips of the Brad Wright talking about his new coaching strategy and the first and second game. I would also try to add a video clip of the previous coach, David Bailiff, talking about Wright as his successor.

The next multimedia piece I would add to this story would be a photo slide show of the first two games. Since they were both at home it would be very easy to have plenty of shots of Texas State students and fans. Photos of the players and new coaching staff would also be great additions.

Another simpler piece of multimedia would be a schedule updated with wins and loses after each game so that people who don’t regularly attend games can keep track of things easily. Also, as part of this multimedia I would have most if not all of the players listed by name and number with their statistics updated with each game. I think this will help fans get to know the team a little better. I might also include a few video clips of the more spectacular plays with a few individual players.

The last multimedia piece I would add would be a flash presentation much like Angela Grant’s on the roller derby girls. I would have photos of a few of the important players this year, the new coach, and assistant coaches on a main page. When you scroll over each individual’s picture a box with a video clip of each will pop up. I would ask them to talk about their hopes for this season, their thoughts on the coaching staff, and what they think the Bobcats will have to do in order to have a great season.

No comments: