Tuesday, November 29, 2011

People Power

I thought this video was really interesting. I'd definitely like to watch the others after the semester is over. The most interesting part was the rise and fall of Napster. I barely remember when Napster started in middle school. I didn't use it, but I think my brothers did. I sort of remember when Napster had to shut down in the early 2000s. It was great to watch how Fanning programmed everything and built an empire. Too bad it was shut down, but at least it's part of Rhapsody.

I enjoyed learning about digg's history and how the website worked. I've never visited the site, but now I understand it works similar to reddit or pinterest. After perusing the site, I noticed there's a wide array of news stories, it the site wants to appeal to all types of people. I just may be digging some stuff really soon. As in after finals.

Amanda

No comments: