Monday, November 28, 2011

People Power

The video Download: The True Story of the Internet shows it wasn't too long ago that none of these social media's existed. It was news stories and music singles that were getting chosen for us. We didn't get to decide what was the most important news story or what song was the best off the album.
That has changed since the emergence of sites like Digg have been giving people the power. Napster was also the first music site that allowed producers and other higher ups to show which song was most popular of a band before the record came out.
The thing I liked learning most about this video was Digg. I had heard of it before, but never really checked it out. I've always tried to make it a point to know what's going on in the news and a site that allows me to see what is the most popular with other people is something that interests me very much.
Innovators such as Chad Hurley, Shawn Fanning, and Mark Zuckerberg have changed the whole landscape and future of the Internet, television, and how to market products. It is a new younger generation that did not get much respect because of their youth but have since taken over the playing field. That gives me confidence knowing that I shouldn't be underestimated just because of my age and that I can do whatever I was just as long as I work hard for it.

No comments: