Thursday, August 2, 2012

Final Project: Waiting Your Way Through College

Waiting tables is a very common job for college students. Late nights, excessive $1 bills, and grumpy customers are just a part of the gig. I think it would be interesting to hear about the difficulties and the benefits of being a waiter from college students who do/have done it for a living. I would also like to get a managers perspective, possibly a manager who waited tables as a student and worked his or her way up.
 I plan on interviewing several subjects - male, female, white, black, hispanic, etc. - who are currently in school and waiting tables.
I also plan on interviewing a couple of former waiters and asking, in retrospect, if waiting tables was beneficial to their future.
I will also interview at least one manager - to get their story, and to get a comparison of college student waiters to non-student waiters.

No comments: