Monday, July 23, 2012

Project 3 Plan

Being someone who spends the majority of their time on the internet, it was extremely hard to narrow it down to just three sites that I think are well designed, but I managed.  First on my list would definitely be Twitter. For me, simplicity is key.  Twitter gives you unlimited access to your favorite celebrity down to your best friend.  It gives you so much information without overloading the page with content. Not to mention it isn't bombarded with advertisements (although we all follow those few people who promote way too much).


The next site is the Bobby Bones Show website. Now, I may like a bit of a liar when say this (because I just said that simplicity is key) but I really like the shows website because there is so much content on the page.  With that being said, it is very organized--which is a must if you're going to have this much content. Again, it gives a tremendous amount of access to these local celebrities and gives their show the opportunity to expand beyond their medium.


My last site is a website for one of my favorite Austin musicians, David Ramirez. I think it's well designed because it's got great contrast. The background is light and the font is black, it works great for the eye. Also, you see so many band websites that try to be cool and have all these fancy things on their page and it's easy to get detracted and remember why you came to the site in the first place--the music. But, with his site it's all about how music, and I appreciate that.


For project three I'd really like to combine all of these aspects. I'm thinking I am going to create a website for my friend's band, Princeton Runaway. I plan on creating a website that's got great contrast and really all about their music.  I'd also like to give as much access and information as possible while being really organized.

No comments: