Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Greetings from Liz Morrow

Hi Everyone,

I'm Liz Morrow.  I'm a Mass Communication graduate student originally from Baytown, Texas.  I have lived in Austin for the last 8 years and really like it, but the traffic, well, you know.  When I am not in school or working I am belly dancing and occasionally get paid for it professionally.   I love dancing, pretty much any type of dance, but I have studied and and perform traditional Middle Eastern Belly Dance for the last 7 years. If you'd like to know more please feel free to check out my website www.enchantingtxbellydance.com

I look forward to getting more familiar with the "tools of the trade" for online media in this class because I realized it is all but a "must-have" skill for any professional working in a communications field such as advertising, journalism or public relations.  Or at least it is if you really want to stand out amongst the crowd.  Oh, and you can find me on Twitter here: @ElizabethMKit

Which leads me to an amusing graphic I found online about achieving success.  It is not likely to be a straight line from point A to point B: 

 And when life gets a little stressful, I'm one of those people who finds those really silly cat pictures with captions hilarious.  This is one of my favorites:


I recently started using www.pinterest.com and lately have enjoyed exploring how it works as a new social media platform compared to others. I like it!

See you soon!
Liz

No comments: