Monday, July 9, 2012

Introducing Vera

Hi, my name is Vera Maricova Labriola. I am a graduate student at the Department of Communication Studies and my focus is Organizational Communication and Training & Development. I grew up in the Czech Republic at the time it was still Czechoslovakia--that was a long time ago! Yes, I experienced the Velvet Revolution (you may have heard about in your history classes) first hand in the streets of Brno (see below). 



I moved to the U.S.A. in 2002, soon after I graduated from MA programs in History and English (focused on translating). Before I moved to Austin, I lived for almost five years on Cape Cod, MA. Even after ten years in this country, I am still "European" at heart and travel to Europe whenever I get a chance. Every time I go home, I make sure I find some time to visit Prague, the capital of the Czech Republic.



In this class, I would like to learn at least some basics of web design to be able to advance my career with my current employer.

No comments: