Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Internet

My very memory of using a computer was in elementary school.  We had to take a computer class to learn the basics. When I was young I thought they were the coolest things, but looking back they were rather ancient.  The computers that we used looked a little something like this :



The movie about the internet really made me realize just how far technology has come in my lifetime alone. The very first computers were huge!! In the movie it showed some that were the size of an entire room, and you couldn't really do much of anything on them.  It's crazy to think about.  I am sitting here typing this blog off of my Macbook Pro, which is tiny in comparison.


Another thing that I found to be mind boggling is that none of the telephone companies wanted to have anything to do with the internet.  I mean, now there are so many commercials about how you can get a telephone and internet bundle.  Or even the fact that you can't go anywhere without someone being on the internet on their smart phone.  The movie really made me think about the internet in ways I'd never even thought of.  Seeing as how technology has advanced so much in the short 21 years that I've been alive, I'm excited to see how it evolves even more!

No comments: