Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Web Cred: BeerAdvocate



For my website credibility blog post I have chosen BeerAdvocate.com. While beer advocate is not what most people would call a “news site” its content is updated regularly and it offers visitors to the site a world of things to do, such as learn to describe beer, learn to pour beer and learn to brew beer. BeerAdvocate is also a monthly magazine, but the website is updated more often with ever-changing beer news.

As far as credibility is concerned, I trust BeerAdvocate. Here’s why.

The page consists of probably four divs, one for logo, nav on the left, and two content divs. The layout of the website makes it easy to find your way around. The color of the background on the sides and top is black with either white or peach colored text, which I know, some people do not like, but I think it works well with the theme of the sight.

The navigation on the site works splendidly, I have not found any broken links, or missing images. The site hasn’t been over run by any crazy number of ads. In fact the only three ads on the page are BeerAdvocate sponsored.

BeerAdvocate is not only where I go to learn about new beers, its where I go to learn about the beer drinkers’ culture. How can you not trust a site who’s motto is “Respect Beer.”

No comments: